Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Birthday - 21 years of love,hate,song,dance,work,play and acads!!! and i am loving it

Birthdays are very special to people and everyone has a different way of celebrating it. I  just do it like anyone else,I PARTY!!!
My birthdays in Pilani, for the past two years have been really great and I  have have come to learn a few things.The only reason you are special on your birthday is because someone around you feels that he/she is grateful to have you with them.Thats it !! and  I acknowledge that.

Ever since my 1st year, I have had some special memories attached to each of my birthdays.I have been gifted condoms, made to learn strip tease and also made to pole dance.I have been given great cards, with half naked men on it,pretty lady -pen stands and some really cool speakers too.The story continues with some videos and controversial stories attached to each  of the three16th January(s).

Getting hit with boots,shoes and chappals has always been a highlight of my birthdays, but usually I get left out for a little, while my other fellows get the better dose. "It pays off to WEAR an extra pair of jeans".
As for my friends, nobody really shows affection outside, but on this special day nobody forgets to pen down nice things about me(though very very few) and I am actually grateful for that.

I  have always had a habit of keeping counts of  the number of people who wish me on my birthday and as far as I remember distinctly, it has gone up from 17 to31 to 49 to 63, 77 to 101  (that was last year).This year I I thought of not keeping a count, but I am sure they are more than 150.Probably because, more of friends are on facebook, and hence more connectivity.So,even if you really don't know me but were added as a friend on facebook, you would have wished me.

New birthdays come with new resolutions, but the motivation to fulfill them always stays the same, that of a one year old.I have had loads of them written down.Some from my 6th-7th grade were--doing well in exams  and never missing the bus (nerdy).All have been a part of this resolution journey.Life has grown into multiple dimensions, but the theme problem still remains the same. This year again resolutions stand as, doing better in acads and going for half the classes.(still as difficult as ever).I am hoping to see them through to the next time.(like always)

21 years have passed, I have had hundreds of friends who have come,gone and stayed.And though,my birthdays have had different sets of people at different times, I have come to realize the following:


Though, gifts have become of less importance but the excitement to receive one  is still the same.
Though, the anticipation of the song "Happy Birthday" is lesser, but the enthusiasm of celebration is still the same. 
And finally , though everyone is here for the cake, the smile on their face is still for the same reason.(Its me) 
Thats why I love birthdays ..cause I am a reason for their smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment